Justine M. Petersen’s Vision
Justine Petersen Housing and Reinvestment Corporation (Justine PETERSEN) is a Missouri Not-for-Profit Corporation. Our mission is to connect institutional resources with the needs of low-to moderate-income individuals and families, helping them to build assets and create enduring change - not just for each individual or family that we assist, but the community as a whole.
Our mission is demonstrated by our services, which include credit building and financial education, homeownership preparation and retention, and micro-enterprise lending and training.
- We are people and community focused.
- We are outcome-oriented.
- We are proactive and responsive to the needs of the community and the people we serve.
- We have high expectations of ourselves, our partners, and the people we serve.
- We are innovative and willing to take risks to improve the quality of life for the people we serve and the community.
- We believe that our staff and the people we serve are trustworthy and will take personal responsibility for their actions.
- We strive to develop and maintain strong partnerships to maximize impact and propel our mission.
- We are trustworthy stewards of the financial resources entrusted to our mission.
Justine Petersen is committed to addressing all matters of inequality in accordance to our mission:
- By providing access to business capital, business technical assistance, and credit-building education to respond to racial disparities, generate jobs and income through self-employment and microbusiness, and increase community wealth.
- By strengthening the financial position and long-term sustainability of our core lending business to expand opportunities for Blacks and other suppressed and disenfranchised people of color and credit-challenged individuals, families and businesses.
- By addressing the underrepresentation and barriers Black entrepreneurs face and challenges those barriers through providing credit building services, access to safe and affordable capital, technical assistance, advertisement, and mentorship geared towards supporting the growth, sustenance, and expansion of minority-owned businesses and entrepreneurs.
- By integrating diversity initiatives into Justine PETERSEN’s core values and mission statements. In our current strategic plan we have a goal to “celebrate and support diversity and culturally relevant approaches internally and externally.”
- By improving the financial position of entrepreneurs as well as serving as a source of capital for entrepreneurial opportunities and as a lifeline in moments of need.
We stand in support and advocacy with those who seek to address all matters of inequality:
- By removing the barriers that affect women most, by challenging biased narratives, addressing racial inequity, ending sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace, and helping women balance their career, home, and families.
- By supporting criminal justice reform that addresses the issues resulting in police brutality and racial profiling.
- By advocating for fair and equal housing opportunities and policy that protects against redlining and other illegal housing discrimination practices.
We commit to learning, supporting and taking action to fight against all facets involving racial injustice and economic inequality. Please join us.